Cologne Marathon app 2.0 – new features
We have launched our first own Cologne Marathon app last year. For 2019 we worked on new functionalities and features and extended its portfolio.
Amongst others runners will now find new options in the fields of Tracking and Challenge/Favourites. There will be several selfie frames in the Social section, you can watch the live stream mobile, collect badges by your participation and much more.
And also spectators can use the app: in order to mark friends and relatives, but also track top runners, watch the live stream, compare the elite runners via the leaderboard or take selfies and pics with frames and share them via social media and much more.
Learn more about the app here.
Be part of it – the live stream
It does not matter whether on a desktop, in front of a smart TV, mobile, via our app or newly also on Facebook live and YouTube live – we will bring you directly into the race:
We will stream live more than 7 hours! Tobias Ufer will commentate the proceedings of the race, interview glitterati and keep you updated (however, in German only 🇩🇪). Sequences of elite and recreational runners, of marathon rookies and „first triers”, of women and men etc. will be well mixed.
The live stream will be available from 8:25 a. m. to approx. 3:45 p. m. on our website as well as in numerous digital sources (see below).
Lean back and enjoy pure Cologne!
Our digital coverage – interaction welcolme!
On both expo days and for sure on race day we will broadcast about the activities concerning our race in digital media. Here a brief overview:
- As usual you will find the commentated live stream (however, in German only 🇩🇪) from 8:25 a. m. to approx. 3:45 p. m. on race day on our website (see above).
- You can also watch the live stream on race day in our Cologne Marathon app (see above).
- With selected push notifications we will inform you about the most important happenings of the day.
- On Facebook we also will post the most important ongoings and keep you updated.
- NEW: For the first time we will publish our live stream on race day also via Facebook live on our Facebook channel (8:25 a. m. to approx. 3:45 p. m.).
- NEW: And please find the details of the day in fullscreen upright format in the Facebook Story.
- Also on Instagram we will share the most important incidents in several posts.
- NEW: You will get deeper insights into race day in our Instagram Story with details of the day, partially also live.
- NEW: And on our YouTube channel we will also spread our live stream from 8:25 a. m. to approx. 3:45 p. m. on race day.
Click in, we are looking forward to your comments, shares, likes and mentions!
Post about our race – and win!
„Running is social!“ – show us and share your most beautiful moments from the race onto our # social wall!
And when being fortunate you can win attractive prices!
We will consider all pics and videos posted onto our # social wall on October 11, 12, 13 and 14!
And this is how it works: Post your message/s on Instagram or twitter with our #koelnmarathon and #runner or #spectator (depending on what you are) or via Facebook Messenger to “Talk to Walter“!
Selfie raffle in the refreshment area
Win one of 5 free starting slots for 2020 – for the half marathon or marathon distance at the selfie wall in the REWE Group refreshment area.
You will get to know what to do exactly onsite – you only have to bring your smartphone with a camera and get creative!
Stress-free car navigation – with the Waze app
Note: We recommend to travel by bus, tram or suburban railway to the Running.EXPO as well as to our race by public transportation!
Should you nonetheless want to or are forced to use the car, navigate to the numerous P+R stations in Cologne and proceed via local public transportation with your VRS ticket free of charge (on your bib number).
And the best is: We included all road closures concerning the marathon in this app including closure times. So should you use the app on the race weekend all our road closures will be considered and you will drive around them!
Download the waze app in the App Store or Google Play Store.
We wish you a nice travel!